Have you ever thought, that given all the planning and thought you put into your wedding that it’s a shame it lasts only a day? A 5-day celebration, like what C + L did, seems an awesome way of there’s ample time to celebrate. C + L flew back from Toronton to get married in their hometown of Edmonton and what a colourful, fun-filled, emotional 5 days it was!
Leading up to the wedding there were the sangeets, mehndi for C (well done for sitting there for 3 hours to have it done!!) and maiyaans. On the actual wedding day it was amazing to see L arrive on horseback. As it was the week of the Calgary Stampede it was impressive to see L’s sister had managed to hire a horse.
Some of our favourite memories of the day:
– during the ceremony C couldn’t help but look at L during the ceremony — so much so that the man marrying them told her off for doing so in front of all their guests!
– for 2 months L had to grow his facial hair and it was driving him nuts. So he finally got to shave it off after the wedding and no one recognized him (some of his relatives were saying “Where is L??”)
C + L, thank you for including us in your wedding celebrations! It was such a beautiful celebration from start to finish and we’re thrilled to be sharing your wedding with the readers of The Big Fat Indian Wedding.
~Anthony + Rina
honestly the drive to the gurdwara felt surreal – I felt like I was going to someone else’s wedding – and then I’d look down and I was the one all dressed up… I think that was one of my favourite moments.
Walking down the aisle with my family, I have never felt so content, I was excited to see L, and ridiculously happy to be marrying him!
During the Doli, when we were sitting in my Living Room – I looked up and saw all of these people, all there for us, from every part of my life, and I felt truly loved as I was being sent off testate my new life with my new husband. It was overwhelming but probably one of the moments that will always stay with me. – C’s most memorable moments
-The performances my family put together for our sangeet. They all just put so much time and effort into them and they turned out amazing. It was that moment that I thought how lucky I was to have such a big, caring and loving family that travelled from all over, and brought so much joy to the wedding.
-Thursday at my house was really memorable for me because it was just all my family and friends hanging out and relaxing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my parents just so happy
-Looking over at C after we had finished being married and just feeling so overwhelmingly happy. And after that when we got into our car and had our first time to be alone even if it was just enroute to the photoshoot.
-Everything about our reception. It was the funnest night I’ve had in my life and it felt like it was over in a blink of the eye. – L’s most memorable moments
- Wedding Dress and head pieces (brand and store) :: Wedding Day (Frontier Raas – New Delhi), Reception (CTC Plaza – New Delhi)
- Groom suit (brand and store) :: Garrison Bespoke – Toronto
- Wedding Shoes (hers, his) ::Jimmy Choo, Prada
- Wedding gifts for each other we didn’t do this – we figured getting married was enough
- Bridemaids dresses (brand and store) :: Custom made – Sham Plaza – Chandigarh
- Groomens suits :: Custom made – Sham Plaza – Chandigarh
- Jewellery (hers, his) :: Barclay Jewellers – Toronto, European Jewellers – Toronto
- Make-up Artist:: Susan Gill
- Hair Artist :: Dao Haddad
- Flowers :: Fabloomosity
- Cakes :: Art of Cake
- Invites (or designer) :: Malhotra Paper House – Chandigarh
- Decors – Wedding :: M Weddings & Events,
- Decors – Reception :: Elegant Touches
- Wedding planner :: Elegant Touches
- DJ :: DJ 808 – Decibel Entertainment – Vancouver
- Lighting :: House of Bounce – Calgary
- Backdrop :: Elegant touches
Share the love ::