What a perfect day for a wedding! Not too hot, not too cold and the heavy rain leading up to the wedding obligingly stopped. We loved hanging out with Natalie + Mai in Vancouver for their engagement photos and knew we were going to have a blast capturing their wedding.
Their creatives were awesome 🙂 We had such a great time and Natalie + Mai worked their angles! But the highlight has to be the reception. We loved the speech from Natalie’s brother Nelson. It was so sweet to hear how Mai (who had introduced himself as Jack to Natalie’s family, so really it was Jack) told Nelson 5 months into dating Natalie that he knew he was going to marry her. Bit awkward for Nelson, who thought Natalie was playing 2 guys; one named Jack, one named Mai 😛
Natalie + Mai, you guys are truly great people and it was great to be part of your special day. You guys have always treated us very well and are very generous with everything you do. We are proud to call you guys friends and look forward for more food feasts in the future.
~Anthony + Rina
The most memorable parts of the day were those brief, fleeting moments in the whirlwind of activity where Mai and I would just suddenly have a random intimate moment to ourselves; whether it was the quick glance during the ceremony that made me burst into laughter or a wink and a smile from across a sea of people… Those were the times where, despite all the hustle and bustle around us, it felt like it was just the two of us in the eye of it all. Natalie
This one’s easy – and maybe a little cliche! But seeing Natalie in her first dress walking down that aisle – let’s just say it was a very far cry from the girl that wore sweatpants and UGGs on our first date 🙂 – Mai
- Wedding Dress :: Allure
- Groom suit :: Black Lapel
- Wedding Shoes :: Natalie – Jimmy Choo, Mai – Calvin Klein
- Wedding gifts for each other :: Mai gave Natalie Chanel bag, Natalie gave Mai her heart… LOL!!!
- Bridemaids dresses :: Custom made
- Groomens suits :: Derks Formal
- Head piece/ Veil :: Ebay
- Jewellery :: Natalie – Etsy, Mai – Burberry cufflinks
- Make-up / Hair artists :: Edmonton Make up artists (Angela McTaggart – Makeup, Krissy Dewalt – Hair)
- Flowers :: Ebay
- Cakes :: Nikibeans
- Invites (or designer) :: cards & pockets and Michaels
- Decor :: Kijiji, ebay, efavormart and Dollarama
- Wedding planner :: Microsoft Excel