What more could you ask for in a wedding day than lots of kissing (& not just between the bride & groom!) & infectious laughter? Free slurpees? Unplanned flash mob? So much alcohol there’s actually enough left for at least one, if not more, New Year’s Eve parties? Karmen + Abel’s wedding had all that & so much more!!
Both had been up early; one to get hair & make up done, the other to buy breakfast & prep for the games that lay ahead. And wow did Abel need that prep time! Brushing teeth with wasabi? Having to carry a groomsman to a nearby field & back by piggyback? But when the games were over and he finally got to see Karmen the smile on his face said it was all SO worth it.
Karmen + Abel, we’re so honoured to have taken part in your big day & captured all those priceless moments for you. We laughed so hard throughout the day & it was great to see everyone party the night away!!!
~Anthony + Rina
“– There wasn’t just one moment that can be described as the most or best during that wedding day but the progression of events from the beginning till the end is as I remember:
Waking up in the morning to have a scotch with the boys is one way to wake up. Running into McDonalds and ordering over $50 worth of food is an experience while having the staff look at you like your crazy in your suits.
– Putting my iron stomach to the test by having to drink a nasty brew of nasty.
– Valuable lessen in life results in toothbrush and wasabi = BAD!
– I am not very good at haggling or bargaining for my bride/wife which is an expensive lesson but at least the girls are happy.
– Asians parents, uncles and aunts are quite repetitive when they mention BABIES!
– Free 7-Eleven slurpees can make any normal person happy except if you’re a crazy lady…YAY Westside!
– Modeling is hard work…
– The jitters when I heard all the noise and voices from the guests before the ceremony.
– Feeling like a little kid again while waiting…waiting…waiting to see my beautiful bride walk down the aisle.
– Jaw hurts so much from smiling so much…
– There’s no other gesture that screams love and commitment like a high-five.
– Asian family photos means chaos…
– I have more friends than Karmen…Nana nana boo boo!
– I thought I was at my wedding, not at my roast…what the heck Albert Ma?
– Jing Ying Lion Dance Team made me speechless and proud to be on the team with those guys.
– Blown away by the slideshow by my brother-in-law so thank you Andrew Kwan! Nice to know that I’m cape-able.
– Tater tot poutine is the magical till the clock strikes twelve.
– We were good boys & girls that night as Christine (Oishi) forty-hands came out to play.
– You know it’s a good night when “slapping Kristine” comes out to play too.=
– Banging your head against a wall maybe the answer. :)” – Abel’s most memorable moments
“- Looking out at the crowd at the ceremony and just realizing that everybody was here for us and that we had all the support of the family and friends throughout our relationship and into our future.
– Sophie (my niece) just appearing out of nowhere, cake in hand, and the other hand up to partake in the high-fiving festivities.
– Yes, I did say in my vows that I would promise to laugh AT Abel, cry with him, etc…
– Being pronounced husband and wife and just thinking that this was the beginning of the rest of our lives together and realizing how natural it felt. I don’t think I really felt any nerves that day other than right before walking down the aisle.
– Just looking around at the dance floor and just seeing all the drunk faces and how much fun everybody was having.
The day was kind of crazy and didn’t go exactly as planned but thanks again for everything and putting up with all the craziness!” – Karmen’s memorable moments
- Wedding Dress (brand and store) :: Custom made in China
- Groom suit (brand and store) :: Rental from Derks
- Wedding Shoes (Hers and him) :: Michael Kors / Cole Haan
- Bridemaids dresses (brand and store) :: Custom made in China
- Groomen’s suits :: Rentals from Derks
- Head piece/ Veil :: Ethos
- Jewellery (Hers and his) :: Custom rings from Jedco Ltd
- Make-up / Hair artists :: Jessie Gill Makeup and Hair
- Flowers :: Flowers By Western
- Cakes :: Style Cakes – The Art of Cake / Three Tier Butter Cream (Cookie & Cream and Vanilla)
- Invites (or designer) :: Good Day in Hong Kong, China
- Decors :: Kreative Kute n Fun
- Wedding Guestbook :: Bella Puzzles (image printed on wooden custom puzzle)
- DJ :: Rui Teixeira from Capital Sound Productions
- Lighting :: PSAV
- Backdrop :: PSAV
- Officiant :: Bill Psarchuck
- Photo Booth :: Equinox Sound & Entertainment