The celebrations started early for Amy + Howard’s wedding 🙂 Amy has a big family and with 21 Aunties and Uncles and a total of 27 cousins, her parents house was packed!
Howard stayed at his groomsman’s house 5 minutes away, but his reputation for being late is not restricted to distance! Amy’s bridesmaids planned for this & the later he was, the worse the door games! As Amy hid upstairs and watched, Howard & his groomsmen were humiliated on the front lawn. They suffered through wasabi, passing seaweed with just their lips, and Howard played the keyboard and sang as his groomsmen did a choreographed dance behind him.
After the traditional tea ceremony, everyone headed to the beautiful Timms Centre for the Arts. Amy + Howard’s friends did a fantastic job setting up the ceremony space with runners, flowers & ribbons before the ceremony (sorry to the guys who didn’t want us taking their pics, we couldn’t resist documenting your handwork for Amy + Howard to appreciate!). It was a beautiful ceremony with handwritten vows and tearful moments.
We are thrilled to be sharing their wedding with the readers of Munaluchi Bride.
The reception had plenty of games, laughter & when Amy’s dad took to the stage to sing karaoke, he got the party started! It was so sweet seeing all the aunties, uncles, cousins and Amy singing along with him to their heart’s content.
Amy + Howard, thank you for a lovely night and for letting us be part of your big day.
~Anthony + Rina
“This is an extremely difficult question since I honestly loved every second of everything about the day (even when I had to get down to business and order people around!) but I would have to say when Howie came up with the adorable song on the spot while he played the keyboard during the door games in the morning. I couldn’t stop crying!” – Amy
“My most memorable moment during our wedding day was watching Amy walk down the stairs for the first time in her dress :)” – Howard
- Wedding Dress :: Bridal Debut sherwood park
- Wedding Shoes :: Bride – Badgley Miscka, Groom – Steve Madden
- Suits Groom :: Hugo Boss
- Bridemaids Dresses :: Custom made in China and altered by my Amy’s Auntie, Janice Tan
- Groomsmens Suits :: Rented from Black & Lees
- Veil :: Custom made by Amy’s Auntie, Janice Tan
- Jewellery :: Hers – Earrings custom made by my dad, bracelet purchased from Nordstrom during stagette in Vegas brand is Givenchy, engagement and wedding bands (both) custom made by Amy’s dad Nhi Truong.
His – Belt Hugo Boss, cufflinks Lanvin, watch Burberry (wedding gift)
- Make-up / Hair artists :: Lydia Yapp/Decca from Hair Artitude
- Videographers :: friends of the bride & groom Mark Kwan and Philip Lao
- Ceremony location :: Timms Centre
- Reception location :: Beijing Beijing
- Flowers :: Kate Ashton Florists
- Cakes :: Triple L Cake
- Invites :: Invites were from Michaels brand is Brides
- Decor :: DIY