We had an awesome time with Lisa + Drew for their Autumn rooftop engagement session and are thrilled to have captured their perfectly imperfect wedding. We loved Lisa’s ‘No pain, no gain’ motto for her wedding day & for Drew, the pain started early!
Drew & his groomsmen decided to try a new experience in the morning; a wet shave. Even though the most experienced barber wasn’t working, they still opted to try it out. The result? Pain. Thankfully the cuts on their faces healed quickly 🙂
As Lisa walked down the aisle, Drew held back his tears as he saw his bride for the first time. They shared their handwritten vows & the JP did a fantastic job of lightening the emotion by introducing the newlyweds, ‘Lisa and Jared’ – perfectly imperfect! It had everyone laughing 🙂
We can’t thank Lisa + Drew enough for all their hardwork. Lisa rocked her Jimmy Choo’s; wearing them in slanted steps and metal staircases – it was amazing to see! Even though she was a bit dehydrated from the heat & lack of water, she did a phenomenal job & we’re so proud 🙂
Their intimate reception had less than 11 tables full of close family & friends. Lisa + Drew spent months practicing their ballroom dancing and it was perfect 🙂 As the sky grew darker, everyone had a play with the sparklers creating a perfect ending to a perfect day 🙂 We are thrilled to be sharing their wedding with the readers of Trendy Groom.
Lisa + Drew – Thank you guys for all your hard work- we’re glad that Lisa survived and was ok for more photos at the end of the night 🙂
~Anthony + Rina
“Omg there were so many memorable moments. The whole day! Lol. Ok in all seriousness, a few of the most memorable moments I had was walking down the isle and feeling like every time I looked straight, I was going to cry. My legs were shaking even before I left the stairway. I couldn’t even look at Drew or i’d be a balling mess.
Another was the vows and speeches. The words everyone spoke were so sincere and meaningful to the both of us. We wouldn’t have changed a thing about any of the words spoken. I would say those are my most memorable moments. Thanks guys!!! “- Lisa
“There’s not one particular moment that stands out as “the moment”, here’s everything that stands out for me.
– Getting cut by the barber – a funny story to start off the morning!
– Lisa’s vows & most of the ceremony. I was holding back tears most of the time!
– The JP saying “Lisa & Jared” instead of Lisa & Drew – a light hearted moment!
– Our first kiss wasn’t too shabby 😉
– The HOT sun – pictures were deadly!
– The FOOD – just as solid as when we first tasted it!
– All speeches at the ceremony – Everyone’s speeches were amazing and very heartfelt. Made me tear up.
– Sherri diving for the bouquet. Rob giving the garter to Albert (his GF got the bouquet).
– Nailing our first dance with minimal screwups.
– Seeing and chatting with everyone during the reception.
As you can see covered most of the wedding.. It’s because it was all enjoyable! I wouldn’t change a single thing”- Drew
- Wedding Dress :: Tara Keely (Novelle Bridal Salon)
- Wedding Shoes :: Jimmy Choo (Hers), Cole Haan (His)
- Grooms Suit :: Hugo Boss suit, Hugo Boss shirt, Burberry Cufflinks, Tie from Holt Renfrew, tie clip from tip top
- Bridemaids dresses :: JLM Couture Occasions
- Groomens suits :: Dirks
- Head piece/ Veil :: Maggie Sottero
- Jewellery :: Swarovski Necklace, earrings, & Bracelet, Crystal hairpiece from Novelle Bridal (Hers)
- Watch (his) :: Citizen
- Make-up / Hair artists :: Sasa Brkic / Rozy Hernandez
- Ceremony location :: Francis Winspear Center
- Reception location :: Edmonton Expo Center
- Flowers :: Flowers in the Park
- Cake & Cupcakes :: Fuss Cupcakes
- Invites (or designer) :: Hand made by the Bride and bridesmaids and Grooms mother Jacquie. Designed by the Bride and Grooms mother.
- Decors :: Elegant Touches
- Cake cutter :: Papyrus
- Cake topper :: Etsy
- Wedding planner :: Renee Chan (getwed)
- Rings :: Tacori (Both bride and groom)
- Garters :: Etsy